To get the most from any project management software, the user must understand the project management techniques upon which the software is based. This course presents the most popular project management software in the context of how a project manager will use it. Participants in this course learn the functions of the software and the project management concepts which make the software effective.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced Project Managers and projects support personnel who need to apply the discipline of project management using Microsoft® Project Professional/Standard 2010.
• Understand the discipline of project management as it applies to using Project.
• Learn how to leverage the new Graphic User Interface (Ribbon)
• Create a Work Breakdown Structure
• Identify Task Relationships
• Define Resources within Project
• Make Work Package Estimates
• Learn how to leverage Team planner
• Learn how to inactivate tasks
• Learn how to leverage the task inspector
• Learn how to leverage the Timeline
• Create an Initial Schedule
• Create a Resource Leveled Schedule
• Manage and track the project through the software
• Format Output and Print Reports
• Integrate Multiple Projects
• Set up a Project with a Calendar, Start date, and scheduling method
• Understand Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule
• Manage multiple projects.